Healthier SG represents a comprehensive initiative aimed at reshaping Singapore’s healthcare system towards preventive healthcare, empowering residents to stay healthy, identify health concerns at an early stage, and effectively manage any existing conditions. The strategy emphasizes a collaborative effort involving trusted family clinics and community partners to support individuals throughout their healthcare journey.
Eligibility for Healthier SG extends to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents with a phased rollout targeting those most needing medical care or suffering from chronic illnesses.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) is progressively inviting individuals aged 60 and above, followed by those aged 40 to 59, through SMS notifications to enrol in a Healthier SG clinic or polyclinic.
Enrolees with chronic conditions covered under the Chronic Disease Management Programme (CDMP) and holding CHAS/Merdeka Generation/Pioneer Generation cards, have the option to access the Healthier SG Chronic Tier. This tier facilitates access to commonly prescribed chronic medications at rates comparable to those offered at polyclinics.
Key Benefits of Healthier SG
Key Benefits of Healthier SG
Having long-term relationships with family clinics enables doctors to prioritize preventive care to help individuals maintain good health, identifying health issues early, and managing them effectively. Healthier SG encourages proactive health improvement through continuous support from family clinics and community partners, ensuring comprehensive care. The primary objectives include:
- Enhancing overall quality of life as long as possible
- Providing peace of mind for individuals and their families
- Offering seamless access to health and community services
How to Enrol?
To enrol in the Healthier SG programme, please follow the steps below:
- Start by registering through the HealthHub app or web portal when you already received an invitation from MOH via SMS. Use Singpass to log in and select your preferred Healthier SG-registered clinic.
- Proceed to schedule an initial consultation at your chosen clinic for a comprehensive Healthier SG Health Plan. During this consultation, discuss your medical history and health goals with your family doctor to devise a personalized plan. This plan will cover recommended screenings, immunizations, and lifestyle adjustments.
- After receiving your Health Plan, commit to following the recommendations provided by your family doctor. Use the HealthHub platform to track your health goals and actively engage in suggested activities offered by community partners. Remember to schedule at least an annual follow-up with your family doctor to ensure ongoing progress and adjustments to your Health Plan.
Post Enrolment Benefits
After you enrol Healthier SG, you can claim the benefits below:
- One-time free first Health Plan consultation at the selected clinic.
- Gaining Healthpoints (equivalent to $20) via the Healthy 365 app after the initial Health Plan consultation.
- Full subsidies for nationally recommended screenings and vaccinations (exclusively for Singapore Citizens).
- Starting in early 2024, CHAS cardholders with substantial medication needs can opt for the Healthier SG Chronic Tier, receiving subsidies up to 87.5% for whitelisted chronic medications, depending on income levels.
Integration of Healthier SG and Vanda
Vanda has been integrated with the SmartCMS Programme, ensuring compatibility with public healthcare systems such as CHAS, NEHR, and can help clinics become Healthier SG compliant. This integration supports seamless data flow between clinics and public healthcare systems, enhancing overall healthcare efficiency.